Sign In  Register

Alamanda

Does anybody know what is happening at the Alamanda? Did they have a lot of damage, are they working on repairs?
Replies

I, too, would like to know that. The Alamanda is only a 12 minute walk to Club O's beach.
I have read they plan to open in the fall of 2018.
Well, that is good to know, I guess. At least they have plans. As far as I can determine, Club O has no plans.

We stayed at Alamanda our first visit to the island, but spent our days on the Club O beach. If Club O had its umbrella and chairs concession available, we would consider that option that option again.

I just checked Alamanda's website, and it isn't instructive. Doesn't appear to have been updated since the storm.
Club O has chairs and umbrellas available for rent, as well as Perch Lite where they are serving drinks and food.

The Simpsons
Thanks for the info. Now if we can find a hotel open on Orient Beach, that will be an option.
I received the below rather cryptic message from the Alamanda in response to my question when would they reopen and when they would start taking reservations. I guess I should have just asked when they anticipated the resort would reopen.

Good morning,

We will be taking reservation from the fall of 2018.

Regards.
Happy new year 2018.

J_____ C______.
Club Fantastico is taking reservation. We're thinking about going there. But we still think the Club O beach is a must.
I requested and received a clarification. Alamand anticipates reopening the fall of 2018 as NHCPL said. Won't be taking reservations until close to time when everything is ready.