Sign In  Register

Club O

Does anyone have news of Club O?
I hope everyone is safe. Would love to know what we can do to help. If it is a rebuild then I would think those who love the Club would book now to get a revenue stream going and or prepay our stay.
Let's hope everyone at the club and all employees (friends ) are safe.
doctorj
Replies

My wife and I just returned from SXM. Was our first trip back since Irma, wanted to see Club O for myself. I was saddened and heart broken at what I saw. To see all the progress along the beach and nothing at Club O was a shock. We walked all around to see what was left of the resort, it was like walking around a deserted ghost town, so sad to see. Many memories of the years from going, it was such a special place for us. I really don't see it ever coming back.

One the good side, the beach is still so nice and full of people. We spent three days enjoying the sun and talking to a few people. I did hear some good news from the lady giving massages, that they are planning on rebuilding in about 18 months. A lot of government regulations have to be meet before it can start. Just wish we all could get it real answers, (battle between the owners and the resort), if that's really true. Or just what the real plans is and reason for the delay.

We will always go back to OB, but staying down the beach and walking down to the Old Club O is the only option for now. Although it was so nice in days gone by to never have to wear clothes, do miss that part, and by the way I still walked the beach nude most of the time around Mt. Vernon.

Remember this, ( If you rebuild we will come )
Thanks for the report. We were there in December and are returning this December - one week at Club Fantastico, one week at O Paradis. Yes, thanks to Cedrick & crew the beach is once again wonderful. If anyone is worried about returning, please go. I remain optimistic that we can once again stay at a rebuilt Club Orient.thumbsUp

"But then I think about the good times, down in the Caribbean sunshine..." (J.B.)
Originally posted by biturbo If anyone is worried about returning, please go. I remain optimistic that we can once again stay at a rebuilt Club Orient.thumbsUp

"But then I think about the good times, down in the Caribbean sunshine..." (J.B.)

I'm with you on that--we'll be there in December this year and we were there last year as well. Club O beach is as amazing as ever!
If more people go to the Club O beach and the owners see this, that's a good thing. Maybe they will rebuild sooner. I'm up for our yearly trip, might start trying to make it a couple of times a year . Just go!!!!!
I agree that we all need to just go. We love the beach and all of our Club O friends. Back in May for trip 4 since Irma.
carib cheers,
doctorj
Heading to SXM, again, for two weeks in October. We can't wait. Looking forward to catching up with old friends.
We went in April and are heading back again next April. Once a year just isn't enough! LOL

Life's a beach!